Random teenage blog

This blog is by me and my completely mentally insane self, Shannon. I love to write, and hopefully one day I will either become a writer or a psychologist. Trust me, after you read this blog, you'll be thinking "Wow. I hope she isn't a psychologist." If you don't like something on this page, or you DO like something on this page (that would be nice) email me at Monkeysoftballfreak0293@yahoo.com. Oh, and by the way... Monkeys totally pwn. Shannon

Saturday, June 28, 2008

How I survived Club Congress, '08.

So Club Congress '08... My first year. Talk about intimidating. Maybe if I didn't have an older sibling whom lots of people know, it wouldn't be as bad. Oh well. I survived! Because of a number of reasons. First, I DIDN'T LOSE MY KEY. Yes, a small key to your dorm room. If you lose it, you're, put simply... Screwed. $75 dollars to replace it. WH-WH-WHAAAT?!? If I could charge $75 every time someone lost a key, I'd go into their rooms and steal them at night! Get caught? Blame it on the person across the hall from them! Simple as that, my friends. Or maybe it isn't simple. Maybe I just have the mind of a criminal. But that's beside the point. Back to the point I was making before I started plotting the demise of first-year kids. Oh, right. Second reason I survived and did not die... Err... Have a breakdown: I was not shy. I can't imagine how it was for shy kids. Because you had to talk to people. You had to ask directions, instructions, clarify where you were supposed to be at what time. So if you were shy and didn't want to, I can imagine how tough that would be. A few years ago I wouldn't have been very well off at Congress, but since I've come out of my shell a bit, I was quite at home. The third reason why I survived: I got Miss Lanette to drive me everywhere! I didn't take the buses that they offered. Of course this was a bit of a mistake when she dropped me off in front of the Union and basically said "You're on your own now". I then proceeded to enter the wrong building, walk up 2 flights of stairs, go into some random person's office, and get assisted to the next building over, where I was SUPPOSED to be. I swear, they see you're wearing the 4-H name tag, they see you're young, and they automatically say "You're lost aren't you?" ...Or maybe it was the lost, scared, dazed, confused look on my face. Either way, MSU people are definitely friendly!


That's about it for now!

-Shannz

O( '-' )O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home